The "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galaţi fully promotes a politics of internationalisation, in an attempt to make itself visible as the centre of education, research and culture with the oldest tradition in South-Eastern Romania. The international collaborations of the University have as main objective the harmonization of curricula with the European values, through making them compatible with similar modules in relevant world universities, ensuring that the quality of Romanian education is recognised worldwide and thus strengthening its competitiveness.
"Dunărea de Jos" University of Galaţi has recently become attractive to candidates from both EU and non EU countries, who choose to pursue full undergraduate programmes in our institution. Currently, the university hosts students from Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, but also from Israel, Canada, Qatar, Syria, Algeria, Turkey, Jordan. Moreover, the university has been designated by the Romanian Ministry of Education to organize a preparatory year for teaching Romanian language.
There are a number of good reasons for choosing “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galaţi as an international student:
- Multicultural, cross-border university with over 14000 students enrolled;
- The quality of teaching is among the best in the country;
- Excellent links and exchange programs with institutions worldwide;
- Accommodation for international students in modern halls of residence within walking distance of the teaching and research facilities;
- Our graduates are highly valued by employers and all our courses teaching skills are essentials to a successful career.
EU students willing to study in Romania can apply directly to “Dunărea de Jos“ University of Galati. The application forms are available at the http://www.edu.ro/index.php/articles/c371/, “Dunărea de Jos” University (http://www.admitere.ugal.ro/site/international/metodologie-international) or Romanian embassies abroad. The documents detailed above have to be submitted to “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galaţi to be further sent to the Ministry of Education in Bucharest for approval.
NON - EU students
ERASMUS incoming students and visiting students/ free-movers